We are located in a quiet village just outside of Woodhall spa, within five minutes drive of the village centre. The perfect location for a short break or holiday. The village has a variety of attractions including two top class golf courses, the unique 'Kinema in the Woods', Cottage Museum, Jubilee Park outdoor heated swimming pool and several aviation heritage sites associated with 617 Squadron (the Dambusters).
Nearby Points of Interest
- Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre (8 mi)
- Relive A World War Two Bomber Airfield Here At East Kirkby.
Experience The Sights And Sounds, Smells and Atmosphere of a bomber airfield.
The only place in the country to see a Lancaster Bomber on an original wartime airfield, and ride in it! (pre book only). Including, original Control Tower, welcoming NAAFI and an emotionally evocative Memorial Chapel containing the 848 names of personnel who gave their lives from this airfield.
- Woodhall Spa Golf Course (3 mi)
- The EGU is a member of the England Golf Partnership. The England Golf Partnership is comprised of the English Golf Union (EGU), English Ladies Golf Association (ELGA) and the PGA with the support of the Golf Foundation and Sport England. Its aim, through the implementation of its Whole Sport Plan, is to increase and widen participation levels in golf and achieve a vision of being ‘The Leading Golf Nation in the World by 2020’ from grass roots right through to elite level.
- Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (3 mi)
- We are a "museum without walls" and a "living and breathing tribute" to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice. Since our formation in July 1957, we have completed thousands of displays and tens of thousands of fly-pasts; proud to represent the nation’s aviation heritage. We are a large Flight within the Royal Air Force and we are extremely proud of not only our history, but our continued engagement in operations abroad.
A158 (Horncastle)(5.0mi, 8.0km)
Take the A153 towards Coningsby/Sleaford. At Haltham Garage, turn right. At next junction turn left into Kirkby on Bain. Follow through village to school sign and Wharf Lane is on your left hand side. Rose Cottage is right on the corner with its' name above the door.
A153 (Tattershall)(2.0mi, 3.2km)
Follow signs towards Horncastle/ Skegness. At Gartree School turn left, then immediately right, signposted Kirkby on Bain. At next junction turn left. Proceed for approximately 2 miles into Kirkby on Bain. As you approach the first sharp left hand bend in the village, look directly ahead of you and you will see 'Wharf Lane' with Rose Cottage right on the corner.
Woodhall Spa(3.0mi, 4.8km)
From Woodhall Spa follow signs for horncastle passing the Golf Hotel on the left hand side. Take the next turning right signposted Kirky on Bain. At the end of the road turn right (Ebrington Arms in front of you). Follow through the village to School sign on the green. Turn left into Wharf Lane and Rose Cottage is immediately on your left.